Wednesday 5 October 2011

Dotterel

I took a trip to North Wales yesterday to photograph a juvenile Dotterel which had been on the Great Orme for a week. As I was driving near I could see that it was quite windy, but when I arrived at the top of the mountain and got out of the car I could barely stand up in the gale conditions.
I had spent about half an hour looking for the bird when some movement caught my eye, it was the blowing feathers of the Dotterel which was keeping very low by some rocks. I settled down nearby and after a while it became obvious that I wasn't going to get many shots of it walking around, every time it stood up it was buffeted around in the wind and quickly settled down again. Under the circumstances I think I just about exhausted every angle and pose possible of this very approachable bird.

Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird
Dotterel, Bird

3 comments:

Matt M said...

Great photos Steve. What camera and lens do you use?

Angad Achappa said...

Great images... :)

Steve Round. said...

Thanks for the comments. These were taken with a combination of Canon 7D and 1D mk3 using 300mm and 500mm lenses Matt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails