Thursday 24 July 2014

Holidaying in France

I have just returned from a two week holiday in Southern France, staying near Nice.  Before the trip I was debating whether to take my camera equipment, as having spent a good number of hours on the internet, trying to find local sites for photography I hadn't really come up with much.  The Carmargue would have been ideal, but was about two and a half hours drive away.

Anyway, I did take the camera and after a few days there I discovered a large park only five miles from our apartment.  What a contrast to the surrounding towns and resorts, packed with holiday makers.  There was a small lake surrounded by reed beds, which had a screen hide and a raised viewing platform.



I would spend many hours here over the two weeks, arriving at first light each day.  The two main species that I concentrated on were Night Heron and Little Bittern.  I'm very pleased with the results and will do more posts to show these and other species. To start with, here's a Black-winged Stilt that flew in.

bird, nature, wildlife

2 comments:

Adrian Langdon said...

Looking forward to seeing more from this site.

Unknown said...

Amazing photos! Must have been a beautiful trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails